Spring has arrived and we are definitely feeling the need to clean out and start fresh. Here are some tips for updating and brightening those spaces that you just aren’t loving anymore.
Greenery: It makes all the difference! Whether you are decorating an entryway table, centerpiece, above your cabinets, entertainment center, etc… greenery adds the touch that every space is missing. It is so important to shop for good quality greenery that doesn’t look cheap or outdated.
Texture: Every space needs a good mix of different textures. Woods, metals, glass, and fabrics make for a great combo. Without one of these elements, your space can look too country, too industrial or too modern. With all of these textures mixed together it finishes off the look you are going for without looking like you are trying too hard to achieve a certain decor style. Fabrics can also help soften up any vignette.
Trends: 2017 is full of new fun decorating trends that everyone should jump on.
- Botanical-lots of greenery, terrariums and woods mixed together for an outdoor vibe. Don’t limit your greenery to tiny pots…big buckets and unique vases are the way to go!
- Metallic’s- Copper, gold, silver. Pick an item you love in this pallet and it will completely enhance your space.
- Farmhouse Style- This look is still going strong. Corrugated metals, woods, vintage heirlooms, and signs are statement pieces within this look.
- Color Palette- Dreamy white, pastel pinks and blue, and all variations of gray. Adding in pops of color around your house are a must, even if you are a neutral decorator.
Mothers day is just around the corner…any of the items featured today would make for a great gift! If you have a hard time finding what you think the mom in your life would enjoy, come on in and any of our fabulous employees would be more than happy to help you out!
- One accent piece we’ve made into a real statement is our wreath framed with a spoke wheel, lending its size and grounding natural woods to the greens.
- Flowers? For Spring? Groundbreaking. We love pairing decorative flowers with the illustrated flowers in these happy prints to easily make a statement.
- In addition to bringing flowers inside, we like to incorporate elements of the garden to indoor décor, we’ll even bring in decorative birds. The statement of these accents scream the new life of Spring.
Jordan from Rod Works is here to share with us simple ways to add in a touch of Easter Decor to already existing items you may already have in your homes.
Wreaths-Your front door is one of the main focal points of your home. It is the first thing people see while driving by, as well as the statement piece that people see when they come knock on your door! Wreaths are a great addition to doors, but adding a sign and ribbon makes it even more outstanding! Wreaths are also cute hung over wall art pieces, on a sofa table with a wreath stand, or just hung alone on a wall.
Lanterns- They are such a versatile piece that is a must have in every home. The ideas are endless! For easter we love the thought of putting in some colored candle sticks with easter eggs. Such a simple, but cute way to bring the holiday spirit into your home.
Apothecary Jars- Glass jars are also another piece that we cannot live without. They are fun to fill with treats, or any fun holiday fillers. We have added Easter eggs, and fun carrots to them for softness and texture.
You do not have to spend a lot of money on Holiday decor if you have a few staple pieces in your home. It adds a touch of holiday spirit without going over the top! We love decorating for holidays, and so will you!
St. Patricks Day is on its way and we have just the touch of green you’ll need for the holiday!
Smaller holidays like these don’t take a lot to add the touch of festivity you need for your home. We have signs and wall hangings that are specific to St. Patty’s Day, but you can also add splashes of green to your decor through wreaths, trays, or table settings as well.
Need some help decorating a space? Ever wondered what your décor style is? Well we are here to help. Take our décor style quiz now.